All CASA Volunteers are required to have 12 hours of continuing education per calendar year. Volunteers are encouraged to diversify the source of continuing education hours. All continuing education hours must be recorded on the monthly volunteer activity sheet and summary reports should be sent to the Director of Recruitment and Education.
The summaries are only required to report continuing education that is not completed directly with our organization or if certificates are not provided through the source of the training.
What qualifies as continuing education?
- Reading approved books and magazine articles and turning in required reports
- Attending Advocate’s Academy
- Attending approved conferences & classes
- Viewing webinars and turning in required reports
- Assisting in pre-service training
- Watching approved movies and turning in required reports
- Independent Research for Unique Case Circumstance
Credit hours are awarded as follows:
- Read an approved book and turn in written summary. (100 pages = 1 hour of continuing education)
- Magazine and newsletters related to child advocacy and turn in written summary. One hour per article
- Advocate’s Academy – 2 hours
- Webinars – Written summary – 1 hour
- Conference/Training- Hours equal to time spent in conference. Send certificate to Director of Recruitment and Education
- Assisting in pre-service training – Hours equal to time spent at training
- Applicable movie/documentary with written summary – 2 hours
- Other training as approved by Director of Recruitment and Education