Our next Pre-Service Training Session will begin in April 2017.
How do I become a CASA Volunteer?
- Submit an inquiry to express your interest with the form on the right or submit your Volunteer Application here
- Be able to provide 3 non-related references
- Provide a copy of your Driver’s License and proof of auto insurance
- Participate in an in person interview
- Be accepted into and successfully complete Pre-Service Training
- Be administered an Oath by a Judge at a Swearing In Ceremony
What does Pre-Service Training consist of?
- Pre-Service Training sessions occur 3 times a year (Sessions typically begin in January, June, and September)
- Blended Curriculum with an online classroom and in person sessions
- Training occurs over a 6 week period
- In person sessions are typically held from 6:00-9:00 PM on Tuesday and Thursday evenings
- Court observation
- An investment of about 33 hours to complete
What information will be covered in Pre-Service Training?
- Role of a CASA Volunteer
- Texas Laws regarding Child Welfare
- Topics including: mental health, substance abuse, child development, engaging families, definitions of child abuse/neglect
- Court report writing
- Policies and Procedures